Colossians 1:16 “For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.”
AFGHANISTAN has suffered under many years of war, drought, and poverty. During that time, many people have gone to other countries seeking safety and a better life. Some are in neighboring countries and some are scattered in countries around the world. Many are in western countries where they struggle to learn the language and develop skills that will allow them to find work that will support them and their families. In many countries, volunteers work with these refugees assisting them with language and work skills and adjustment to a new culture. In the relative freedom of these countries, the volunteers have an opportunity to share the Good News and some of the refugees are turning to the One who is the Way and the Truth. In some cases, after learning of this new way, the refugees return to Afghanistan. to share with the people of the Land.
- Pray for the many refugees who are struggling to survive in the countries to which they have gone.
- Pray for believing volunteers who will help these refugees in the new lands where they have gone and will share the Good News with them freely.
- Pray that God will bless the seeds that are sown and that many will believe and turn to the Truth.
- Pray for those who return to Afghanistan. to share the Truth with others.
A recent report says that the insurgents are attacking fewer schools , easing the way for boys and girls to attend in larger numbers. The attacks have not stopped completely, but any decrease is welcome. In a country where seven in ten adults are illiterate, education of the children is vitally important. These children who are being educated will be the future leaders in the Land.
- Pray that violence against schools, teachers, and school children will be completely eliminated.
- Pray for the brave teachers who continue to teach the children in spite of the danger.
- Pray for the brave parents who continue to send their children to school.
- Pray for the school children as they walk to and from school and spend time in the classrooms.
- Pray that these children will learn of the One who is the Way and the Truth.
May was the deadliest month for civilians in Afghanistan since the United Nations started tracking deaths in 2007. Suicide bombs and roadside bombs aimed at police, the army, and government officials have killed and injured many innocent civilians including children. Battles between the insurgents and the army and coalition forces have killed and injured more innocent civilians.
- Pray that the violence in Afghanistan will come to an end.
- Pray for those who have been injured by the violence.
- Pray for the families of those who have been killed in the violence.
- Pray that the Prince of Peace will rule in the Land and bring the violence to an end.